The Mission of Hypatia Software Organization is to work to end the homelessness and disenfranchisement of people who experience transmisogyny via mentorship, cash relief, community building, and support.
In order to fulfill our mission we are guided by the following values, which bind our community governance process:
- Equal Access for all members of the trans community: We pledge to serve those who experience transmisogyny in all forms.
- Honesty in all forms of communication: We pledge to be both true and timely with all of our statements both publicly and internally to bring about effective change
- We must embody empathy, we are an organization by and for trans people, and we do not bring about harm to the lives we affect.
- We will lend an ear to both similar and dissimilar experiences and consider them carefully.
- We strive to keep our processes and finances as public as possible by practice Transparency.