Hello everyone! I’m Sara, the Board Chair of the Hypatia Software Organization. I’m a queer woman and psychology student from Northern California. I’ve been working with Lily to help make Hypatia a warm and welcoming place for new members. I work directly under Lily on several projects including maintaining the membership intake form. I also oversee the implementation and upkeep of our appointment software. I’m available to chat if you have any questions or concerns about the organization. You’ll always find me in our Slack chat under the username @saramurray.
It is my hope that the Hypatia Software Organization will continue to grow and provide quality programs that help transgender women build the skills necessary to succeed in the software industry to find financial stability.
Looking forward to talking with you,
I took some pictures of the new business cards (for Hypatia Software Organization) which came in the mail! They’re glossed and metallic finish. Sorry for the low photo quality.
The back reads Text “Hypatia” to 44222, which if you do that, you’ll get a text which contains a link to our donation page and asks you to text your email to automatically signup for the Hypatia Software Organization newsletter. This feature is through my employer, LeadPages; all employees get a free account for LeadPages marketing services (they call this dogfooding).
I have a sort of mental roadmap of where I want to take Hypatia Engine. It’s nothing formal, but I thought it’d be good to put out there.
I feel like a lot of focus went into bigger picture stuff, but what I really want to focus on are the CORE graphical utilities before getting into game state, or any of that stuff. These utilities should be usable independent from the core game logic. I want a solid foundation before going forward, and I really want to avoid accruing technical debt.
My current employer, LeadPages, hosted a hackday party. I believe they do them once a month (I’m new here). For one of the challenges, I submitted a solution to reproducing a given image with CSS and HTML, but that only took a short while.
LeadPages paid me to work on Hypatia Engine all day! In that time I managed to get caught up on PRs, cleaning up the project, updating the docs, and some miscellanea. I finally released Hypatia Engine 0.3.4 after the aforementioned changes– I had been sitting on unreleased features for a while (see: changelog).